Hey Guys, It Christina M. Dukes, “The Success Manifestation Coach”. I can remember a time in my business where I felt so unmotivated to do anything at all. I don’t know how many of you can related, but I have experienced doubt, being overworked, overwhelmed, and I suffered from chronic procrastination.
The good news is, I kicked my lack of motivation in the butt and here are the 10 ways I did it. I hope this helps you too.
- Review your business/life goals/expectations weekly. Setting goals and expectations is one thing, but reviewing them often is difficult for most people. That is usually why most people never achieve their goals, because they simply write them out, never look at them again, and eventually never stick to them.
- Anytime you have a problem. Write it down. Because we can only control ourselves, sometimes it can be difficult dealing with other people and outside situations. If you have a problem, don’t get stumped. Write down what is bothering you and most importantly write out a solution. Focusing on problems, only makes us less motivated. Focusing on solutions gives us hope and that brings happiness and gives us the motivation to have faith.
- Set new goals that push you to expand your ability. Most times once we achieve a goal or expectation, we sometimes tend to get lazy. Once you have accomplished a major goal, reward yourself then think to yourself, “well if I could have achieved this goal, what can I do next?” It is totally okay to set “Big Crazy Goals”. Remember, you serve a God who nothing is too big for. What if it really happens? Wouldn’t that be cool? If that doesn’t get you motivated, I don’t know what will.
- Invest in your personal development. Whether taking classes, obtaining certifications, or investing in a coach your personal development is a great reflection of your motivation as an entrepreneur. What it truly signifies is that you are open to learning new things and making yourself better. Lack of motivation comes from lack of investing. Invest in the things that are important to you and you will always be motivated.
- Hire a coach. Hiring a coach can be one of the easiest, simplest, and smartest things you can do for you and your business as an entrepreneur. Coaches can help you decide what you really want out of life, assist you in creating a road map to get there, provide the support you will need to get through difficulties and obstacles, and give you the motivation to keep going and achieve your goal.
- Get an accountability partner. If you have a coach, you have one of the best accountability partners ever. But, in addition to your coach you should also have a mentor, a valuable friend, or a relative that you can trust to share your dreams and goals with. Having the support of other people can keep you motivated, as sometimes our accountability partners can notice our lack of motivation even before we do.
- Do soulful practices daily. Whether you pray, meditate, write out affirmations, listen to worship music, or take a bath, taking care of your soul is one of the most essential things we can do to stay motivated as entrepreneurs. Think about it, being an entrepreneur can be stressful. You have to generate your own leads, make your own money, and go-go-go because always have to keep our clients happy. Soulful practices help you stay grounded and restore your faith, which leads to more motivation.
- Network with like-minded people. I can’t stress this enough. Nothing can make you lack motivation more, than being around unmotivated people. Unmotivated people can be quite draining. They are always complaining about why things won’t work, how bad things are, and they have every excuse in the world why their life is the way it is. But get into the room with motivated people and your entire mood changes. People who are motivated are generally go-getters and they go after what they want. Networking events are a great place to meet new people. I always advise my clients to try and attend at least 2 networking events per month. Meeting new people is always a great motivation booster.
- Attend conferences and events. Most conferences and events, professional ones that is, usually have motivational speakers, gurus, and the industries best. Their main goal is to motivate you to do more in your business and your life. Sometimes they sell programs at conferences to help you stay motivated through out the year. Conferences offer a ton of information, resources, and you get to meet new people. This is a great way to increase your motivation.
- Take “me time” and retreats often. As an entrepreneur, because we run our own companies tend to sometimes be workaholics. Most entrepreneurs don’t take vacations. This makes life more stressful, which can lead to lack of motivation. Once a week, I put “Me Time” in my calendar, which means I do not work unless completely necessary, meaning I have a deadline for a speaking event, client, or conference. My “Me Time” is used to do whatever I want that day. “Me Time” and retreats give balance to your work and life and renews the spirit. During this time it is great to just disconnect from everything else going on and focus on something else that is relaxing and doesn’t take a lot of effort. A few times a year I take a retreat to get my thoughts together, refresh my spirit, and sometimes I even create my vision board. Take some time for you, to appreciate yourself and keep yourself motivated to achieve the next level of your life.
See you at the Top,
Christina Dukes, “The Success Manifestation Coach”
P.S. If you are looking for a coach, I would love the opportunity to talk with you. You can click here to learn more about me and my strategy sessions and programs.